5. The root remains, the light remains, the curds remain, and still Oeaohoo is one.
6. The root of life was in every drop of the ocean of immortality, and the ocean was radiant light, which was fire, and heat, and motion. Darkness vanished and was no more ; it disappeared in its own essence, the body of fire and water, or father and mother.
7. Behold, oh Lanoo! The radiant child of the two, the unparalleled refulgent glory: Bright Space Son of Dark Space, which emerges from the depths of the great dark waters. It is Oeaohoo the younger, the * * * He shines forth as the son; he is the blazing Divine Dragon of Wisdom ; the One is Four, and Four takes to itself Three, and the Union produces the Sapta, in whom are the seven which become the Tridasa (or the hosts and the multitudes). Behold him lifting the veil and unfurling it from east to west. He shuts out the above, and leaves the below to be seen as the great illusion. He marks the places for the shining ones, and turns the upper into a shoreless sea of fire, and the one manifested into the great waters.
8. Where was the germ and where was now darkness? Where is the spirit of the flame that burns in thy lamp, oh Lanoo? The germ is that, and that is light, the white brilliant son of the dark hidden father.
9. Light is cold flame, and flame is fire, and fire produces heat, which yields water: the water of life in the great mother.
“Mr. Gardner: Is the electricity in the nettle the same as what we have in the batteries?
Mme. Blavatsky: Most assuredly not.
Mr. Kingsland: The electricity that you generate, for instance, in rubbing amber, would you say that was both molecular and dimensional?
Mme. Blavatsky: Well, it is molecular, because it is the kama-rupa of the amber that acts; and certainly if it is to produce some distortions of the equilibrium it must produce something, because you cannot produce something in nothing. Mind you, electricity you will call an effect. I say the effect is molecular.
Mr. Kingsland: On the amber?
Mme. Blavatsky: Very well; but electricity, what is it? It is the effect of that which is molecular by itself. It is an entity, for electricity is the whole world of atoms in a certain state and under certain conditions.
Mr. Kingsland: Is there, for instance, emanated from the amber, matter in any state of differentiation?
Mme. Blavatsky: That which emanates from the amber is that which, unfortunately, your microscope won’t see. But it is molecular.
Mr. B. Keightley: But it is visible to the appropriate senses.
Mme. Blavatsky: Positively. It is estimated that there are some insects that would see it and you would not. If you had, for instance, the white ants (termites) that are in India, the most impudent of all creatures – and nothing in the world will make them get out of your way – they immediately will scatter like I don’t know what, because they perceive that.
Mr. Gardner: Simply rubbing a piece of amber?
Mme. Blavatsky: Or there is a tree in India which you will rub, and if you rub it, they will never approach it.
The President: If you can describe it as kama-rupa, that answers the question.
Mme. Blavatsky: I cannot explain it in any other way; it is the kama-rupa, the disturbing influence which comes and disturbs the equilibrium. I cannot explain it any better than that.
Mr. Gardner: You mean the astral envelope of the amber?
Mr. B. Keightley: No, no, the fourth principle. Now, question 10. “You say that ‘Fohat is cosmic electricity’ and the son. Is electricity, or Fohat, then, the same as Oeaohoo the younger, or the third Logos?”
Mme. Blavatsky: Electricity is the work of Fohat, but Fohat is not electricity. The throwing in one shape or the other of molecules into new combinations of forms into new correlations or disturbances of the equilibrium, as you call it, in general is the work of Fohat, the emanation of the seven sub-logoi.
I advise you not to talk much of the seven-voweled deity. I am sorry I wrote and published it at all, I am very sorry, for there they began to tear it to pieces and speak about it just as though it were a potato.
It is the combined active principle, the electric force, life, everything that comes out and emanates from those entities.”
H. P. Blavatsky