1. . . . Listen, ye Sons of the Earth, to your instructors—the Sons of the Fire. Learn, there is neither first nor last, for all is one : number issued from no number.
2. Learn what we who descend from the Primordial Seven, we who are born from the Primordial Flame, have learnt from our fathers. . . .
3. From the effulgency of light—the ray of the ever-darkness—sprung in space the re-awakened energies ; the one from the egg, the six, and the five. Then the three, the one, the four, the one, the five—the twice seven the sum total. And these are the essences, the flames, the elements, the builders, the numbers, the arupa, the rupa, and the force of Divine Man—the sum total. And from the Divine Man emanated the forms, the sparks, the sacred animals, and the messengers of the sacred fathers within the holy four.
4. This was the army of the voice—the divine mother of the seven. The sparks of the seven are subject to, and the servants of, the first, the second, the third, the fourth, the fifth, the sixth, and the seventh of the seven. These “sparks” are called spheres, triangles, cubes, lines, and modellers; for thus stands the Eternal Nidana—the Oeaohoo, which is:
5. “Darkness” the boundless, or the no-number, Adi-Nidana Svâbhâvat:—
I. The Adi-Sanat, the number, for he is one.
II. The voice of the Lord Svâbhâvat, the numbers, for he is one and nine.
III. The “ formless square.”
And these three enclosed within the O are the sacred four; and the ten are the arupa universe. Then come the “ sons,” the seven fighters, the one, the eighth left out, and his breath which is the light-maker.
“Mr. A. Keightley: Then what is the meaning of saying they are the highest deities or names of various deities?
Mme. Blavatsky: Because the hierarchies belonging to such are there connected correspondentially with the dark fortnight and the bright fortnight and the others that you read. Besides, I say it all pretends to esotericism. I never heard esotericism talked on a Thursday night before.
Mr. A. Keightley: It is a sort of transcendental astrology.
Mme. Blavatsky: It is para-metaphysics. Now question 4.
Mr. A. Keightley: You have already answered that. Question 4. What is the distinction between the yogis who do not return and the “devotees” who do return?
Mme. Blavatsky: Such is the distinction of the yogis who do not return on this earth – oh, I have answered this.
Mr. A. Keightley: Question 5.
Mr. B. Keightley: (Reads Sloka 2.)
Mr. A. Keightley: Then there are two quotations in the commentary which follow: “The First Primordial are the highest beings on the scale of Existence.” “The Primordial proceed from Father-Mother.”
Question 5. Is Father-Mother here synonymous with the third Logos and not with Svabhavat in Darkness, as before, since it is now manifested and differentiated existence, “whereas the other manifested Quaternary and the seven proceed from the Mother alone”?
Mme. Blavatsky: Now you have put there two questions, to which I will give you two answers. The first primordial seven are born from the third Logos. This is before it is differentiated into the mother, when it becomes pure primordial matter in its first primitive essence – father, mother, potentially. All this is explained very plainly in the comment (a) of Sloka 2. Read it over, every word is explained there.”
H. P. Blavatsky