1. The Primordial Seven, the First Seven Breaths of the Dragon of Wisdom, produce in their turn from their Holy Circumgyrating Breaths the Fiery Whirlwind.
2. They make of Him the Messenger of their will. The Dzyu becomes Fohat, the swift son of the Divine sons whose sons are the Lipika, runs circular errands. Fohat is the steed and the thought is the rider. He passes like lightning through the fiery clouds; takes three, and five, and seven strides through the seven regions above, and the seven below. He lifts his voice, and calls the innumerable sparks, and joins them.
3. He is their guiding spirit and leader. When he commences work, he separate the sparks of the Lower Kingdom that float and thrill with joy in their radiant dwellings, and form therewith the germs of wheels. He places them in the six directions of space, and one in the middle – the central wheel.
4. Fohat traces spiral lines to unite the sixth to the seventh – the crown; an army of the Sons of Light stands at each angle, and the Lipika in the middle wheel. They say: This is good , the first Divine world is ready, the first is now the second. Then the “Divine Arupa” reflects Itself in Chhaya Loka, the first garment of the Anupadaka.
5. Fohat takes five strides and builds a winged wheel at each corner of the square, for the four holy ones and their armies.
“Mr. A. Keightley: Question 9, Sloka 4: “Fohat traces spiral lines to unite the sixth to the seventh.” Is there any special meaning in the word spiral, and is spiral action specially connected with Fohat?
Mme. Blavatsky: It is. Now in order that the neutral line, or zero point as Mr. Crookes calls it, and the centrifugal and centripetal must be made to run spirally, otherwise they would be entirely neutralized. I don’t know how otherwise to call it, the neutral point can be destroyed.
Now, see, if you please, in this volume, Gods, Monads, and Atoms, page 550, where the Caduceus of Mercury is represented. Now anyone who wants to know the explanation, let them read it. This spiral is represented in the Caduceus of Mercury.
If you have a central point or a central line, for instance, like that (drawing), this must be the central line. As soon as you touch it, anything that is differentiated becomes undifferentiated again, and falls into the perfect Absolute.
Then certainly, you must have the spirals go in such a way. One force goes in such a way (illustrating), and this is the Caduceus of Mercury which produces those miracles and marvels in the hands of [ ]. You look at this, and you will see that the healing powers and everything, that is what it means.
And now Mr. Crookes finds – he speaks about number 8, perhaps you read it – he speaks about number 8, that he has found out that these forces go like that and make the figure 8, and the middle line is the central line. Therefore, there we are perfectly at one with ordinary science, of which I feel very proud. This is page 550.
Mr. A. Keightley: Then does that mean that by reason of a centrifugal and centripetal force, any force affected by that force must move in a spiral line?
Mme. Blavatsky: I believe it is a law that everything proceeds spirally, it never goes in straight lines. Science says something about gravity that goes on direct lines.
Mr. B. Keightley: That is one of the points I wanted to ask.
Mme. Blavatsky: I would never believe it. I can’t give you my reasons, but I, knowing occultism, say it is impossible. There is nothing in this world that can proceed otherwise than in spirals, or on such things as that, but never in the direct line, never.”
H. P. Blavatsky